The fight against fungal diseases is not so easy. Many drugs are simply not suitable for the cost or are inconvenient to use, especially with prolonged treatment. In such cases, nail fungus varnish is well suited. It is comfortable to wear and does not overload the patient during long courses.
Lacquer products are used independently and prescribed in a complex. With such drugs, good prevention against fungal diseases can be carried out.
The principle of action of antifungal varnish
Lacquer preparations against fungal diseases are good because they structurally affect the nails.
The consistency of the drug helps to treat the fungus, penetrating even into small cracks. After the procedure, the product dries quite quickly, forming a dense film that cannot be erased on clothes.
A rich effect on the fungus is one of the advantages of varnish. It penetrates into the very foundation of the nail plate and fights the foci of the disease. Due to the dense coating, oxygen does not enter the plaque and helps the drug to quickly destroy the spores of the fungus, which stops the progression of the disease.
Improvements are noticeable after the first application of the drug, in a couple of days. You will see that the redness of the nails is reduced and the dryness disappears. This means that the disease stopped developing and began to regress. The most important thing is to choose the right drug.
The most effective varnishes against fungi: which one to choose?
To choose the right varnish against the fungus, consult with the appropriate specialist and pass the tests prescribed by him.
Only after the conclusion of the doctor, select the drug. You will definitely be informed by the manufacturer and the duration of the course. However, remember the criteria when choosing a tool yourself:
- We do not recommend choosing varnishes that have not proven their effectiveness. A known manufacturer is always better than an unverified one.
- If your disease is already advanced and the therapy is going to be long, buy products with the highest content of medicinal components.
- Provided that the disease develops very quickly, you should choose a varnish in which the content of the main component is at least 7%.
- If it is for convenience, buy a drug with accessories: nail files, napkins, spatulas for application. This will facilitate the procedures.
- Choosing varnish from toenail fungus, pay attention to reviews and price. Often you can choose an inexpensive analogue to replace the branded product.
- Do not forget about the characteristics of your body. If there are contraindications or a pronounced reaction to some components, consider this.
This healing varnish has been common for a long time and is recommended by many patients. This varnish is most effective when the fungus has not yet captured the entire nail surface as a whole. With advanced disease, it is best to use it in combination with other drugs against the fungus.
One of the active ingredients in the composition of the drug is amorolfine. It copes well with yeast and mold fungal diseases, fights against infectious lesions. Use the drug several times a week, the course usually lasts from six months to a year.
Based on Ciclopirox
The main substance in the preparation is Cyclopirox. The drug is very fast acting. Easily penetrates the nail plate and actively fights various types of fungus. It works as an antibacterial agent.
It can also be used for prevention. The varnish dries in just thirty seconds, but it is washed off with plain water. Therefore, it is recommended to carry out all procedures before going to bed, and after that not to wash the treatment area for up to 6 hours.
During this time, the drug will take the desired concentration, and after removal, up to 30% of the medicinal substances will remain on the nail surface.
Based on terbinafine
Lacquer works very well in the early stages of treatment. When the infection captures more than half of the nail plate, the drug becomes ineffective. Doctors prescribe additional drugs in combination with this varnish or select a more effective remedy.
However, the varnish contains the substance terbinafine, which, creating a dense layer, does not allow fungal spores to develop and completely eliminates the disease.
It is recommended to use the varnish alone, without applying decorative varnish on the nail plates, which significantly reduces the effectiveness of the treatment.
Based on D-Panthenol
The tool protects and strengthens the nail surface, preventing fungal infections from developing. The composition of the main substance is D-Panthenol, which softens the affected area. The applicator is included in the package.
How to properly treat the fungus and use varnish: our instruction
Varnish effectively helps in the treatment of fungal infections, if you follow simple criteria:
- The medicine is correctly selected exclusively for your case.
- Full compliance with the instructions attached to the tool.
- You have completed the entire course prescribed by a specialist, without interrupting it until full recovery.
Instructions for the use of varnish products:
- Before using an antifungal agent, be sure to wash surfaces thoroughly with soap and water, then towel dry so no moisture remains in treatment areas.
- If alcohol wipes are not included with the polish, soak a cotton swab in alcohol or acetone and remove any oil from the nail surface.
- Make sure to get a manicure afterwards. It is necessary to cut the nails, remove exfoliated surfaces and areas affected by the fungus. Nail files are disposable. One for each nail to prevent the disease from spreading to other surfaces.
- After applying the varnish, following the attached instructions.
These are generally accepted recommendations for the use of varnishes for the treatment of toenail or fingernail fungus. Each drug has its own list of properties and contraindications, so be sure to consult a specialist before performing the procedures.
As you already understood, the use of lacquer products only in the fight against onychomycosis is not always effective. In some stages of the disease, the medicine may not produce any improvement.
The fungus is very unpleasant: it spoils the appearance of the nails, causes the appearance of a bad smell and causes discomfort. However, it is dangerous not only externally, but can also affect the internal organism. If you notice signs of mycosis, contact your doctor immediately.
The specialist will decide whether the restoration will cost a lacquer preparation or need to undergo complex treatment. There are tablets, ointments, creams, solutions and even sprays against onychomycosis. All drugs have different effects and many contraindications.
Among them, you can simply get lost, risking choosing something that is not suitable for your situation. The opinion of a professional will not hurt before going to the pharmacy.
Effective fungus prevention
In order not to get infected with a fungus, it is not always enough to observe hygiene. You can catch the disease in a bath or swimming pool, at a friend's house, in public places. Fungal varnish on fingernails and toenails is a good solution for prevention.
The procedure does not take much time and completely protects the nails from such a dangerous microorganism as a fungus. Use the drug before going to public places or immediately after returning home.
You can choose a preventive measure based on our list or by consulting a pharmacist.
Reviews of the best varnishes from the fungus
First review, female, 34 years old. I was worried about nail fungus, which I discovered very late. In such cases, the varnish does not always work well. I decided to try a varnish based on amorolfine from nail fungus. I couldn't make up my mind for a long time, but I liked the reviews about it. I struggled for a long time, but everything worked out.
Second review, male, 27 years old. I tried to cure nail fungus with iodine solutions, but only ruined the situation. It was decided not to save on health and to purchase a varnish preparation. I have been using it for a month and a half and the symptoms have disappeared. The doctor recommended not to stop using even a few weeks after recovery.