According to statistics, one in five inhabitants of our planet wonders how to effectively cure toenail fungus with home methods, since with a crazy rhythm of life there is not enough time to visit a doctor. This disease is not dangerous or fatal, but it causes a lot of discomfort, so I want to get rid of it as quickly as possible. The remedies and tips presented below will help you forget about such an unpleasant ailment.
Iodine is a cheap and effective remedy in the fight against fungus
Why is this particular alcohol solution so popular? It's simple: the structure of the fungus is protein, and iodine causes the protein to fold, destroying it.
There are several recipes that use this universal remedy, choose the one that suits you best:
- Apply a drop of 5% solution to each affected nail twice a day. For these purposes, use a regular cotton swab. Do not forget about the prevention of healthy nails - apply 1 drop of iodine every other day. The course of therapy in this case will take about 4-6 weeks.
- Many are interested in whether it is possible to cure toenail fungus without pills, because not everyone and not always can take medication. Traditional medicine knows a lot of recipes, and we list the most proven and effective. One of these is iodine baths. Add a few drops of the alcohol solution to a bowl of warm water, then soak your feet and keep them there for about 10-15 minutes. At the end of the procedure, the affected parts of the nail must be removed, and then these areas must be treated with ordinary hydrogen peroxide. If you wish, you can also apply any antibacterial ointment to the gauze bandage and fix it on your nails overnight. 3 such procedures will suffice.
Effective Baking Soda Recipes
Are you interested in knowing where you can cure nail fungus? Of course, if you have the time and money, you can use laser therapy or other advances in medicine. However, in most cases, you can get rid of the disease at home, resorting to the means that everyone has. For example, why not use soft drinks, which greatly soften the entire stratum corneum, making it easier for creams and ointments to penetrate the affected areas?
We make baths with soda and soap.
For the procedure you will need:
- Basin with 7-8 liters of water.
- Soft drink - 3 cups.
- Tar or laundry soap, previously ground on a grater - 3-4 tbsp.
First you need to mix all the ingredients for the bath very carefully. As soon as you are sure that the soap and soda have completely dissolved in the water, lower your legs into the sink. The duration of the procedure is approximately 20 minutes. After the bath, try to cut the affected nails as much as possible. When your feet are dry, rub any antibacterial ointment on your nails and the skin around them. Repeat the procedure 1 time in 4 days until the complete disappearance of the fungus.
Soda paste: proven and cheap
Take the required amount of soda (taking into account how many areas you need to treat) and mix it with water so that the consistency resembles thick sour cream. Then apply the mixture to the affected areas in one layer. Put a few drops of lemon juice on top of the paste. If you feel a tingling sensation and small bubbles appear on the surface, don't worry, it should be. After 5 minutes, remove the paste, wash your feet and apply an antifungal ointment. You can use this paste no more than once every 4-5 days.
How to get rid of fungus with vinegar
If you don't know how to cure toenail fungus at home, here are some more recipes for you. If you start treatment in the early stages, you will be able to beat the disease very quickly.
- We do tricks. Combine and mix well 2 tbsp. yovodka, 3 egg whites and 2 tbsp. ivinegar essence. After that, take a gauze napkin or a bandage folded in several layers, moisten it abundantly in the prepared solution and apply it to the affected area for 15 minutes. After this time, replace the used dressing with a new one and repeat the procedure. This should be done every night until the affected nail is completely removed.
- Compress. You can use both table cider vinegar and apple cider vinegar here. Take a cotton swab, soak it well in the liquid and stick it to the nail, then fix it with cling film and a bandage. Use a compress every night for 3 hours. With the help of such methods, it will not be difficult to cure the fungus on the thumbnail in 1-2 months. Everything is done simply and all components are available.
- Spa. To prepare the bath, combine vinegar and water in a ratio of 1: 8, respectively. However, before lowering the legs there, steam them with ordinary hot water and remove the affected nail plates as much as possible. And only then soak your feet in a bowl of vinegar for 20 minutes. Repeat the procedure every night for 7 days. Now you know how to cure nail fungus in a week, but this only applies to diseases at an early stage.
Lemon and turmeric for the health of your nails
You can try to kill nail fungus with lemon and turmeric. The first ingredient perfectly whitens the nail, and the second has unique antiseptic properties and does not allow the fungus to multiply and infect other nails.
Combine a few drops of lemon juice and some turmeric to make a thick paste and apply it on the area affected by the fungus. It will be enough to support it for 20 minutes a day. After 5-7 days you will notice the result of lemon treatment, but this is not a reason to stop the procedure.
You can drip on the nail only fresh lemon juice every day, hold for 5-7 minutes and wash the surface with soap. However, such procedures must be performed daily for 2-3 months.
Garlic is the enemy of fungal diseases No. 1
This is an excellent remedy for those who are looking for an answer to the question of how to quickly cure toenail fungus at home, although it does have some unpleasant moments. The first is in the smell, and the second is in a quite palpable stabbing pain that has to be endured.
You can try the following recipes:
- Squeeze the garlic juice and treat the affected nail every day.
- Mix equal amounts of rubbing alcohol and garlic juice. Treat the affected areas with this composition in the morning and in the evening.
- Blend vegetable oil and garlic suspension until thick. Apply the composition before bedtime and leave it overnight, fixing it with a bandage for comfort.
Garlic treatment should be continued until the fungus completely disappears, it can take 2 weeks or 2 months, it all depends on the stage of the disease.
How to treat chronic forms of the fungus with drugs?
It is very important to know how to properly cure an advanced nail fungus, since in this case monotherapy will not help, you will have to resort to an integrated approach that includes pills, ointments, folk remedies. Here it is already advisable to visit a doctor who will develop a specific treatment plan for your case.
- Broad-spectrum antifungal drugs. It is necessary to take funds 1 time a week until completely healed, that is, until a new nail completely grows.
- Terbinafine-based drugs. To cure an old fungus on the legs with these remedies, you will need to take them for at least 2 months, otherwise you will not be able to cope with the disease.
- Means based on itraconazole. Effective and fairly safe drugs that fight almost all known types of fungi.
- Medications containing ketoconazole. They begin to act only after 3 months of regular use, but then their action will be fast and effective.
As we have already said, with regard to the chronic form of the disease, it will be necessary to approach the matter comprehensively. Therefore, it will be difficult to cure nail fungus with pills. It is also necessary to use topical agents, that is, creams and ointments. Good results are obtained with the use of the Tibetan patch.
Folk remedies for running fungus
In principle, you can use all of the above recipes in conjunction with tablets and ointments. But it is still worth adding some more effective traditional medicines:
- Buy at a pharmacy or prepare your own tincture of propolis with alcohol. Soak tampons daily and apply to sore spots.
- Kombucha fights many diseases in the body and the fungus is no exception. Make a suspension of it and apply it to the affected nail plates twice a day. At night, you can first soak your feet in a solution of potassium permanganate, and then apply the same porridge, fix it with a bandage and leave it like that for the whole night.
- If someone in your family smokes then this can be helpful in this case as ashes are needed for the recipe. Mix the ash left over from smoking 3 cigarettes with a small amount of fluoride toothpaste (half a teaspoon will do). Apply this remedy on the affected nail, wrap it in a bag and leave it overnight.
Now you see that it is foolish to wonder how to quickly cure nail fungus at home, as any method requires patience and time. But you will really notice the first results very soon in most cases.